Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Trip to the ER

So today while I was in another room, I heard a door slam and Charlotte scream. Then Ava came running in to me saying "mom! Charlotte and I have red all over us!" Red? Yeah, she meant blood. Charlie must have gotten her finger slammed in the hinge side of the door because she ended up with a big gash in the tip of her pinky and we were off to the ER.

X-rays showed that she cracked the tip of the bone but the Dr. said that would heal itself. 4 stitches (and a whole lot of tears) later, we were on our way to get ice cream. Frozen dairy makes everything better.

Charlotte was a trooper and is so sweet. She even said thank you and waved bye bye to the guy who held her arm down and wrapped her finger in gauze while she loudly protested. A little motrin for the pain and she's back to her sweet, silly self.

5 comments:

Kendra said...

Poor little pumpkin! :( That must have been hard for you to watch her in pain too. What a trooper she is.

cate said...

Poor baby! That hurts so bad. And I hate when there's red all over.

Breea Heiner said...

Like I said. Poor Charlie and poor mom. Glad she is ok though.

Ann said...

The papoose wrap makes me want to cry for you, that's a tough girl and maybe an even tougher mama. Yikes.

Bek said...

what a trooper!