Thursday, November 03, 2011

The one about makeup

Ava is at that age where she loves to draw and paint and sometimes she just can't resist making her body the canvas. The other day as she was twirling about in the living room, I glanced A-N-D-E written on her leg just above her knee where it would be mostly hidden by her skirt. Ande is the name of her best girlfriend. When I asked why she had written Ande's name on her leg, she replied in a singsong voice "because I love her so much." We've told her several times that we don't want her drawing on her body, mostly because I don't want to be on our way to church or family pictures and look back to realize Avas arm is covered in pink polka dots. So tonight she was in for a surprise when she walked into my bathroom as I was getting ready. "Mom!" she screamed. "Why are you drawing on yourself?! On your eyes? With that pencil?!!!" After Rob and I did our best to suppress our laughter, I explained to her about eyeliner.

1 comment:

Breea Heiner said...

Sheesh, you hypocrite! ;) That is pretty funny.