Sunday, March 29, 2009

Innocent bystander

If I wasn't a mormon, I think I'd be a coffee drinker. For now I fill the need with hot chocolate, flavored to french vanilla with my favorite CoffeeMate. I just love having a warm glass in my chilly hands and snuggling up on the couch to sip it, especially when the rain is drizzling and the wind is blowing. My favorite mug is one my talented brother-in-law made with it's own curlicue handle that's perfect for twisting my finger around. It's a big mug, which I love because that means I can have not just 6, (one packet) but 12 oz. of warm deliciousness. (Please do not comment about the caloric intake of 12 oz. of hot chocolate....I don't wanna know.)

Today was a sad day for me when I pulled something out of the oven, burned my hand and let go of the pan only to have it land on my much-loved mug. The curlicue was shattered, I gasped, Rob made some half-empathetic comment and I had to give him the "don't mess with me, this is serious" glare. (It's the same one I use with bad hair days, being unable to find an outfit, and an unfortunate color choice for my pedicure) Granted the cup could still work but it's just not the same without that handle. I'm a little choked up just writing this right now. So I mourn the loss and hope that tomorrows weather doesn't call for rain. And oh so talented brother-in-law, if you're reading this (he's so not) or your wife is (she totally is), my half-birthday is coming up!

1 comment:

Mellonee said...

Your birthdy was 2 weeks ago and we've already started the count to the half!! Only you Abbs. Sorry about your mug.