Sunday, March 02, 2008

THE OTHER FIRSTS - GOLFING & BATHING (still sporting the orange nose)

I love the title! Makes it seem like I haven't bathed Ava at all until this week. LOL. Anyway, she has been using a tub that fits into the sink since she was about 3 months old and then we moved it to the bathtub. She finally got too big for it and is able to sit up on her own so I decided to let her use just the big tub. She had never been in water that deep before and kept splashing like crazy, then sputtering to get the water out of her face, then splashing, sputtering, splashing.....you get the idea. I'm sure when she's 13 or so we'll have one of those great mother/daughter fights about me posting these pictures for all the world to see! The mom always wins those fights so I'm not worried. :) (Right mom? *S*)


Lookin pretty proud of herself for being in the BIG tub!



The splashing begins....look at that face. Ava: Check it out, see what I can do! Can you believe this?


The splashing continues....................



Time to get out......apparently since she kept pulling herself up on the side and almost slid and cracked her chin open.....so I guess it was either get her out or take her to the ER. Yeah I know, we chose the "convenient" option.



GOLFING!
Her first golfing trip was also a success. She was very good the whole time and kept her squealing to a minimum while people were trying to swing. (Her dad was so proud) We rented a cart and there is a little wire basket behind the seat for you to put your "stuff" in. Not sure your kid is considered stuff but it worked out pretty good for Ava. She was all cozy in there w/ her toys and everything and seemed to be enjoying it until we went over a large bump and she bonked her head on one of the side posts (parents of the year I know!)........luckily we avoided the ER once again though and she was okay after only a few minutes of very sad crying. Rob even got in 9 holes before she made it clear she was ready to go home.



Here I am in my little basket. The smile on my face shows you I have no idea what lies ahead for me as a result of this bumpy terrain.


Rob's idea of babysitting............



Cutie Patootie! I'm always excited when I get a good non-smiling pic of Ava (sounds weird I know) b/c she LOVES the camera so she cheeses out everytime she sees it and its nice to have an actual "candid" or thoughtful, etc pic now and then.......though her cheesing is darling!


Attention: Please do not leave children in the cart unattended! (Did we miss that sign? J/K!)


Rob's three most favorite things: Me, Ava and his golfclubs.....not necessarily always in that order! :)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Cute pictures!

I showed Brad and he was glad to see Rob's "same hideous old hat." Come to Florida!