Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Newest Addition to our Family................

No I was not pregnant w/o telling you but on Monday we added a new member to our family, a little English bulldog puppy! She doesn't have a name yet (she came to us as Baylie and not sure yet if we're gonna change it) but she is oh so cute! So our week has been filled w/ trying to adjust her to our home, adjust her to pooing outside (sometimes she gets it, sometimes she doesn't.......yuck!), and trying to get her to sleep through the night (wait didn't I just get done doing this?) w/o yelping! It'll be a rough couple weeks but she is so darling and fun w/ Ava. As you will see by the following pictures, Ava isn't sure what she thinks yet. She loves her from a distance and likes to reach out and touch the dog, then pull back and let out a nervous giggle and then repeat. I have to keep the dog (who will now be referred to as Baylie) from mauling Ava sometimes! The dog was a surprise from me to Rob and for the first time ever I gave him a gift that 1: he hadn't figured out and 2: he loved! So here are some shots:




"Hey! You're stepping on my toe!"




"HA HA I think I like this little guy (girl)!"




"I don't know where I stand on the whole licking thing."




"Okay, I've had enough and I'm gonna try to get away now."




"I tried....mom save me!"






Lucky that she came around when she did b/c one of her favorite toys is a plastic easter egg. She likes to watch it roll and chase it until it rolls again....repeat, repeat, repeat! LOL.




Hangin out w/ dad!




Poised




This is my good side, take the picture now!




And here is the puppy's favorite place to hang out........at Ava's feet underneath her activity center!

4 comments:

Emili said...

SOOOO CUTE! My kids love dogs, but Dallon isn't a big fan. Still, I think it would be such a great playmate for little kids and babies! They are both adorable!

Side of Caitlin said...

Oh my goodness that dog is adorable! Now i really need to pay a visit to texas.

Natalie said...

Those pictures of Ava with the dog are soooo cute!

cate said...

You guys have your own lawn, a child and now a dog!!! You must really feel like an adult. :) Cute puppy, cute baby.