Friday, March 14, 2008

Getting to know you, getting to know all about you!



My friend Emily tagged me to complete this survey about Rob & I. This is the most recent pic I have of the two of us and we look pretty much the same except my hair is much shorter! Anyway, here's the survey:

What is his name? Robert Anthony Vincent....I call him Rob but his family calls him Robbie

How long have you been married? 2 1/2 years

How long did you date? Well, it depends on who you ask. Rob was in denial about us dating for awhile. He had just gotten out of a long-term relationship and kept telling me that he would probably take out other girls and that he wanted to play the field for awhile since he'd been in a relationship for so long. But after we'd been hanging out exclusively everyday for 3 months he finally admitted that we probably were dating! We dated 5 months before we got engaged but we'd known each other almost a year.

How old is he? 30

Who eats more? Thats a toss up as sometimes I can eat quite a bit. Rob was pretty impressed the first time I finished an entire Big Mac. Although when I split dinner exactly in half Rob tells me I should only get half as much as him because I'm only half as big. When it comes to donuts I definitely win and when it comes to wings he takes the cake (I don't like chicken that has skin on it. )

Who said I love you first? Hmmm, I don’t know. It was kind of at the same time.

Who is taller? Rob

Who can sing better? I'm not sure. I can sing okay but I often sing the wrong words to songs on the radio when I can't understand them which Rob likes to tease me about. (Lil o-ret o-ret baby your much too fat. Or little red corvette whatever!) but Rob is better at making up songs for Ava. He made up a song when she was like 3 months old that she still recognizes and gets excited about!

Who is smarter? Up until last night I would have definitely said Rob (well at least much more logical) but according to our online IQ tests, we're only 3 points apart so technically he would be a little smarter but its pretty darn close! :)

Who does the laundry? Define "does". I usually wash the laundry and even fold it but I'm not so good at putting it away. But Rob does it more often than you'd think.......usually when I've forgotten to wash the clothes he needs for church. Oops!

Who pays the bills? Um, the internet?! LOL we love automatic payments. Rob used to mostly handle the money but now we pretty much do it together.

Who sleeps on the right side? If you're standing at the foot of the bed looking at it I do. But thats just b/c when I was pregnant I made him switch me so that when I slept on my left side I wasn't facing the middle of the bed. I don't like to face the middle of the bed....I know, weird.

Who mows the lawn? Rob though we don't have much lawn to mow these days...but yeah Rob does. I even have it on video the first time he mowed it at our house...it was a very "ah! we're really grown-ups" moment for us, having a lawn that belonged to us and was our responsibility to mow! :) We had to document it for posterity...lol.

Who cooks dinner? Well on a regular basis I do but Rob can make a mean bowl of mac & cheese! And he can cook when he needs to.

Who is a better cook? I am. Well I know how to cook more stuff at least. And Rob's pretty good about eating what I cook even if its not the best!

Who drives? When we're together Rob does though we sometimes split the drive to Oklahoma and back. We both have complaints about the others driving and we both think all other drivers on the road are idiots!

Who is more stubborn? Hmmmm I would say I am

Who asked who out first? Well Rob asked me out first but I said no....partly b/c I had to babysit a friends kids and partly b/c he had a girlfriend! ;) Granted they were in the process of breaking up.......the first time we went out when he was single he invited me over to watch 24 at his apartment and the rest is history......24 hours (and many months) later we were practically engaged!

Who proposed? Rob did of course but he did it much sooner than planned after I wouldn't stop whining about wanting a ring so I could tell people it was official. Little did I know I forfeited a hot air baloon ride by not waiting. Boo to me!


2 comments:

Emili said...

I didn't know half this stuff! I love the picture too, you don't post enough of yourself!

MariePhotographie said...

You're so cute Abby! I love that picture of you two. Miss ya!