Thursday, June 23, 2011

The one about the serpent

Some of you saw on my facebook status the other day that we had a visitor to our back porch.  Ava noticed a large snake on the back porch as she was opening the door to go outside.  As mentioned in the previous posts, she is a fan of things that creep and crawl so lucky for me she came to get me instead of opening the door and beckoning the snake to come inside.  Rob and I spent the next 30 minutes attempting to catch the snake so we could identify it and get it out of our yard.  
Cowboy boots, work gloves and a golf club.  The snake capturing kit

The snake only tried to bite twice.  I was out here too, mostly just annoying the snake and causing it to lunge at Rob.

2 comments:

Mellonee said...

Snakes can be amusing when your husband is home, it's just when they aren't that they are scary. Rob is such a good snake wrangler. :)

Breea Heiner said...

I thought you needed a lasso to be a snake wrangler? ;) We had a snake last year named Albert, but he messed with Bryan one to many times and ended up in the yard next door, the one with the wolf.