Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New Tricks

We have some new tricks in our house.  You better sit down because they're gonna amaze you.  The first is that Charlotte can now (and frequently does) remove her own diaper!  Yay Charlotte!  Wanna know how we learned this? I put her dress on for church a few minutes before it was time to leave.  We got to church, the girls sat on the floor in front of our chairs and played for 5 minutes or so.  Charlotte asked to eat so I grabbed her hand and took her to the mothers room (our ward doesn't allow food in the chapel).  We were in the mothers room for about 15 minutes while she walked around eating her snacks and crawled after another baby in there.  As she crawled away my friend LE says to me "Um, I think I just saw butt cheek under C's dress."  Me: Huh?  I walked over and picked C up, lifted her dress, and sure enough the kid was going commando.  Um, how in the world did she not pee on something? I have no idea because as we did some further investigating, we discovered that she had taken her diaper off AT HOME before we even put her in the car.  Nice, kid. Nice.

Ava's new trick is also pretty amazing.  The girl can make her own peanut butter sandwich (which is a staple in her diet) "all by myself, with no help to even spread."  I know, I know I'm such a good mom for letting her be so independent and not worrying about the mess she might make.  Or I might have been on the computer trying to finish a very important email while she kept asking if I would make her a peanut butter sandwich.  Apparently she'd heard too many 'just a minutes' because she finally asked in exasperation "can I just make it myself?" And wah-lah! We've now created a 3 (almost 4) year old peanut butter sandwich making monster! What's that they say, necessity is the mother of invention?

2 comments:

cate said...

Your ward doesn't allow food in the chapel?? Do they realize they are mormon and everyone has kids? Hungry Kids?
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't like naked butts either. You better start using duck tape on that girl.
Maybe you can teach Ava to make cookies next, that would be awesome.

Mellonee said...

I guess she's got a little Blake in her! That is the funniest story ever!