Monday, March 28, 2011

Our little inventor

The problem: the basketball had bounced over the neighbors fence into their yard and they were not home to retrieve it. Rob had managed to climb halway up the fence but couldn't figure out how to reach the ball.

Ava heard the discussions and was throwing out ideas as usual. Typically her suggestions would involve something like climbing up a rainbow and then having a fairy fly you over the fence and you could use your magic wand to pick up the ball. But today she had what turned out to be a brilliant idea. Below is her invention.

The solution:

A pole put through a box and taped in place that Rob lowered and used to scoop up the ball

Proof that it works.  I love Ava's model pose in this one! LOL.

2 comments:

TL said...

I seriously have no idea what your post says because I was distracted by Ava's lovely outfit. My sister in law would dig it, I must get one in her size! :)

Joel and Dacia said...

Smart girl! I really wish you had pictures of the times you used the rainbows and fairies though...