Monday, March 07, 2011

FHE by Ava

Tonight as we were getting ready for Family Home Evening, Ava informed us that she would be doing the lesson.  I told her that I could help her talk about what she learned in church this week and she let me know that she didn't need any help.  Here is the lesson she gave us totally unassisted.  Pretty good for a 3 year old. (All the regular writing is Ava speaking, the bold is someone responding to one of her questions.)

Today I’m going to tell you a lesson about flowers. Flowers are…..well each person is going to say something you do with flowers. Mommy you go first.


Mommy: I put flowers on my table to look beautiful.

Thank you mommy. Daddy your turn.

Daddy: I give them to people to make them happy.

Good daddy. Charlotte your turn.

(Ava pretending to talk for Charlotte in a baby voice) “I give them to you Ava”

Oooh that’s so nice Charlotte.

Well I give them always to Ande (her best friend) and she gives them always to me.

Now I’m going to tell you about flowers. Flowers grow. They need water to grow. And they need sunshine to grow. They grow on a green stem and they are all colors. Even a rainbow colored flower there can be. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Mommy: Ava that was a great lesson about flowers. Who gave us flowers.

God did. And God is super important so we only use his name when we are talking super importantly. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

3 comments:

Mellonee said...

That was great! Our FHE lessons still go something like that!

Kendra said...

Darling! What a sweet girl.

Joel and Dacia said...

She is so adorable.