Monday, March 28, 2011

FHE and Miracles

Tonight for FHE we talked about missionaries and how important they are and what they do and why its important for us to be missionaries and to pray for the full-time missionaries.  And I had the perfect thing to go along with my lesson..................................a letter from my nephew!!!!!  He's not the most frequent letter writer (I'm sure because he's too busy finding souls to save) so I consider this a huge treat.  And if I'm being honest here, he's only heard from me a handful of times. Shame on me! Ava was tickled pink to hear from this missionary that she hardly remembers but prays for every night.  In fact, when I read his letter and got to the part where he is baptizing I said to Ava "don't we pray that Bryson will find people to teach? Is it working?" All the sudden it dawned on her and she began running around the room yelling "It's working, it's working, my prayers are working!!!!"  We followed the lesson up with a few rounds of "Hide and seek" where Ava did a very good job of pretending not to know where I was hiding so she could draw the game out longer.  Very smart that one is.  Anyway since the letter is such an epic event, I'm gonna post it here for posterity's sake - my comments are in italics:

"To my Sweet Abbs (I laugh everytime I see that on the blog) (making fun of my blog name here)

Thanks so much for the Sonic gift cards!  How'd you know I love happy hour so much? :)  Sorry you didn't get my first card.  I'm sure it was witty and just filled with awesome missionary experiences, which would have been nice, cause I can't think of any now.

So I see your Grandma-in-law (Rob's grandma) every week, Sister Scroggins but I don't think she remembers who I am and/or doesn't like me cause she kinda looks at me funny when I say hi to her at church. (He cracks me up. This just makes me laugh. Maybe she's looking funny at his tie. See below.)

I'm doing good out here.  We're working with a Spanish branch thats been withering away for years, but we're just starting to baptize here again!  The Lord has blessed us a lot.  Because of the bad economy, there's not a lot of hispanics here but he makes it so the ones that we find are the ones who are preparing to receive the gospel.

Tell Ava and Charlotte hi for me!
Love y'all
Elder Bryson Wilding

P.S. Thats a picture of my lucky tracting tie. :)"

2 comments:

TL said...

Oh my heck he looks so grown up! What a cutie! Thanks for sharing!

Kendra said...

That's really cute. It's so great she was able to see a tangible answer to her prayers.