Friday, October 29, 2010

We did stuff this summer: The Big Apple (ridiculous amount of pics)

Every year in August, Rob gets asked by the firm to go out and recruit at Columbia. We decided to make it a tradition to go with him and make sure that we get at least one trip a year to NYC because we love NYC. Lucky for us, this time when we went, our friends The Harrisons had just moved there for work so we were able to spend time with them and their cutie pie daughter. We also watched an outdoor movie with the Hudson river as the backdrop and my friend Monica watched the girls one morning so I could spend some time alone in Chinatown and trek down to Rice to Riches, my favorite treat place ever!

At Riverflicks


Waiting for the movie to start

Ava admiring the view from our hotel window

Ava admiring the morning view from our window

Street Fair!!!  One of my favorite things about NYC

Brooklyn Bridge

B. Bridge

Ava at the new imagination playground.

Building away

Don't mess with me, I'm busy

Her creation

Ava and Elle at the Museum of Natural History

The water park above the museum




C enjoying the water park too

Poop discovery as we tried to get family pics where Rob and I took our engagement photos

Take one

Take two (the couple on the left does not belong to us)


Bathtime after playing in the mud at Central Park

Elle loves Rob

Staten Island Ferry (see the Statue in the background)

Ava loved the subway

Children's museum of Manhattan

Dad and Charlie at the museum


Ava with Alfie the Dragon

Ava dancing with the alien at Mars 2112

The alien flirting with Rob

Charlie and the alien

Times Square

Both girls pooped out after a long, fabulous trip

2 comments:

Joel and Dacia said...

I love that Ava loved your view so much. Also, I see you have Charlie in the Ergo you told me about. I bought one and I love it! I only wish I'd had it from the beginning. Looks like an awesome trip!

the harrisons said...

I love all of these pictures! I am so glad you posted them! miss you friend!