Sunday, October 03, 2010

We did stuff this summer: Ava turns 3!

Ava opening her presents birthday morning
So since it's been about 5 years since the last time I posted I realize that many of you probably think that we have done nothing worthy of posting.  Oh not true my friends, we have done plenty.  In fact, I could claim that we've been so busy doing so much blog-worthy stuff that I haven't had time to post.  But that would be a lie.  The real reason is that I'm too lazy, or I start and then blogger does something stupid to make me really mad and I slam the computer shut, or both.  Anyway, so I'm starting a series of posts to let you know that yes, we did indeed do stuff this summer.  Part one is Ava's birthday. It happened. We celebrated.  The celebration included Dora.  I may or may not have spent an obscene amount of time planning and getting ready for a party that was over in 30 minutes and I may or may not have sworn off all future celebrations of birth (except my own of course. I'm writing up a wish list as we speak.)  Anyway, back to the Dora party.  It was a hit; the girls and Ava loved it and that's what matters.
Ava opening her dress-up box. She loved and continues to love it.


The Dora backpacks I made for all the girls complete with map.
The map. Candy Cave, Bubble Forest, Rainbow Bridge, Fishing Pond and that's where you'll find Swiper with the cake.
Ava helping me paint the planks for the rainbow bridge


Ava very excited to get her backpack and head to the Candy Cave.
The other girls equally as excited
Entering Candy Cave
A look inside the cave.  Use your flashlight to find the candy.
Off to the bubble forest. Pop a bubble to find a prize inside. (white balloons=bubbles too)


Found out the troll was hiding under the bridge and would only let us across if we put the bridge back together.
Ava finishing the bridge
Ava crossing the bridge
Ava gets her special wand for crossing the bridge


Ava's cute friend Emma being cute

The Fishing Pond.  Is this the best game ever when you're a kid? Yes!

Ava sporting a prize from the fishing pond


Her cute friend sporting equally cool shades


The Cake: Ava got to choose the saying so it said "Ava's special Day"



Make a wish!


Cutie patooties!


Somebody likes frosting

 


5 comments:

Joel and Dacia said...

That had to be quite to party! Looks like it turned out so cute!

SweetAbbs said...

Yeah the basic idea was that Swiper stole Ava's cake so we had to go to all those places to get to Swiper to get the cake back.

the harrisons said...

WHO ARE YOU? That is unreal! You are seriously a super mom! Those backpacks are SO darling! I now officially want a Dora party with backpacks included.

Breea Heiner said...

My birthday wishes for next year now include you coming to Denver and throwing me a Dora party. Put it on your calendar k?
-Breea

Sierra said...

I love b-day party planning too. I took last year off because i decided the kids don't really even care and it is ridiculous to spend so much time. But I found out that I care, and it was like taking away the best part of my year. already planning for january... good job on the party. It looks awesome!