Thursday, June 25, 2009

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.....or works like medicine

So I was standing at the counter today and I hear Ava taking a drink of water out of a sports bottle. Then I hear her whine and this is the conversation:

Ava: Ow! My mouth is hurting.

Me: I'm sorry. You gotta be careful with that bottle so it doesn't pinch your lip.

Ava: My mouth is hurting.

Ava: (moving over to the drawer where I keep the Skittles) I need some candy to feel better.

Me: What did you say?

Ava: (holding on to the drawer where I keep the Skittles) I need some candy to make it feel better.

Me: (busting out laughing and reaching into the Skittle drawer!) You are hilarious! And dang smart! And that deserves candy.

Apparently Mary Poppins was onto something with the whole "sugar" and "medicine" thing! Either that or Ava has watched her mom make herself feel better with candy!!!

3 comments:

Joel and Dacia said...

Hmmm...my guess is she's learned from you! What a cutie, I bet she's so much fun. Hopefully the terrible twos won't be so terrible for you!

cate said...

That's so funny! What a smart little con artist. Tell her happy birthday from me.

Bek said...

this was a really sweet story. you have got a little genius in your hands!