Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Already 2

My dear Ava:

It's hard to believe you are already two years old. The last two years have been a crazy, fun, exciting whirlwind. You are such a huge blessing to your dad and I and we love you to pieces. It's amazing to see how much you change every day and all the new things you learn. You are becoming very independent these days. It's not rare for you to respond to a request from me with "I don't wanna _________." or "No way!" The word your dad and I constantly use to describe you is intense. Everything you do you put your passion into, whether it is playing with your dolls or saying hello to a friend. You are so smart and talk so well for your age. You keep me laughing everyday with the silly things you say. You love to read books and would do that all day if I would sit and read to you. You also adore puzzles and lately you really like playing "mommy" to your dolls. Your dad and I are often told "Shhh, be quiet, my baby is sleeping." You are quite the musical child and you astonish me with all the songs that you know. You sing almost 24 hours a day and are capable of turning anything into a song. In the car when we sit at a red light you will often shout "green! turn green!" and when the light changes you will burst into song "Green, green, I love green. Green, green, I love green." You have spent much of the morning today singing Happy Birthday to yourself while you went about your playtime. Another thing you love, which you don't get from your mom, is bugs. When you see one crawling outside you get so excited and always try to get it to crawl in your hand. You will crouch down and follow it around while saying "Hello bug. Hi bug. Whatcha doin bug?"

The last two years have been wonderful and here's to hoping the next many are the same. Your dad and I love you more than you know and are so grateful you are part of our life. Happy Birthday my little one.
Love-
Mom

2 comments:

Joel and Dacia said...

Awww, happy birthday Ava! I can't believe she's two already! She's such a doll, I wish I got to see her more.

Sierra said...

Ava is so fun. I wish she was here right now so Maddie could play with her. They would have so much fun...