Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hopefully this isn't it

You know that quote from Andy Warhol that says that everybody will have 15 minutes of fame? Hopefully today isn't Rob's. I think we'd like ours to be when we accept our check from Publishers Clearing House. Still, Rob is fielding phone calls from the likes of The New York Times and Fox News New York today. For those of you who have been watching the news, Obama appointed a new justice to the Supreme Court: Judge Sonia Sotomayor. And it just so happens that Rob interned for that same judge when he was in law school. So apparently the hard-hitting reporters have been trying to get Rob to weigh in on all the negative criticisms she's been getting, which of course he won't. I asked him if he said something good so they would quote him. Rob: I don't think I said what they wanted. I told him maybe this was his 15 minutes of fame. Rob: I hope not.

I hope not too. Ed McMahon, we're waiting!

3 comments:

Joel and Dacia said...

He should let you do the interview for him. Tell them you're his press secretary. I'm sure you'd come up with something interesting :)

L.A. said...

Abby, you are hilarious! I love reading your blog. I wish I could write as well as you do. Ava is so funny. I love the 9-1-1 story. That poor lady ;) and the Old Navy letter made me cry. Hope you guys are doing good! Love,
Lacy

Bek said...

Did you know Ed McMahon died this week? So, I don't think he'll be delivering your check. Just fyi.