Saturday, May 16, 2009

The smoke is coming from my house.........

And no, not because my house is on fire. I know judging from the last post that's the likely thought that is passing through your head right now. Well just stop it. It'll be a good year at least before I do something else dumb enough to have to call 9-1-1. But anyway, back to the smoke coming from my house. We got a fire pit!!!!! And if you can't tell by the 5 exclamation points at the end of the last sentence, I'm very excited about it. I've wanted one forever. In fact, I tried to talk my dad into putting one in my backyard growing up but alas, he doesn't love me that much (ha!). But Rob and I have decided that this is the year to get our backyard into shape and so after laying sod for an entire Saturday two weeks ago, our grass is looking fantastic and it has motivated us to get the rest of the space put together. So today we bought some new patio furniture, some tiki torches (another childhood dream) and a fire pit. And Rob and I even had a romantic little evening making smores over our new toy after the kid was in bed. (Technically the instructions say not to use it as a cooking device but I've never been much for rules). It was actually a cool night here in Texas and it was lovely to be able to sit next to it and warm my hands and close my eyes and pretend I was camping. It was pretty close. I even have the smoke-filled sweater to prove it. So don't call the fire department but feel free to stop by for a little conversation around the coals. It's bliss!

3 comments:

Ann said...

When are we getting our invite?

SweetAbbs said...

You have a standing invite!

Natalie said...

Isn't it great to become an adult? Then you can buy whatever you want.