Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Naughty Doll

So some of you read earlier that I was trying to do some homemade gifts for Christmas. Well, I decided to take my sewing machine to Oklahoma with me so I could try to squeeze in a few more. I got this cute ragdoll pattern from the owner of The Black Apple Etsy shop and decided that I could try it out so that Ava would have a handmade gift. I worked on it off and on throughout Christmas Eve and finished it up that night. And I thought it turned out pretty well. Here's a picture.
But apparently the doll was naughty when I wasn't looking because Ava saw it, ran up to it, picked it up and promptly put it face-first in the corner. And that's not something she learned from me either, we're still in the "no discipline" phase of our parenting. After a good solid three hours or so in the corner Ava returned and gave it some "hug-ees." I think it's been forgiven!

4 comments:

cate said...

It turned out really cute! How's that elephant coming?

Sierra said...

I didn't know you sewed and... stuff. You're super crafty, and always full of surprises! I love the idea of homeade christmas presents. Maybe you could teach me next year.

Emili said...

That's awesome! The doll is adorable - where did you get the pattern?
FOr discipline - try the Love and Logic book (Fay & Fay). There's one for ages 0-6 and it is amazing. I've been trying out it's techniques this past week and life has been WAY better. I haven't yelled at my kids in days. It's the best book I've read on how to have happy kids and get them to do what you need them to without taking away their freedom.

SweetAbbs said...

Cate - shhhhh we don't talk about the elephant.

Sierra-Hey I'm gonna be in Utah/Idaho for a couple weeks starting January 6th. We need to have lunch or something..you me and nique.

Emili-yeah I need to get that book, I've heard good things about it. People in my ward are obsessed with it although I heard from some teenagers that it just "pisses them off" when their parents use it so maybe its best for children under 13!!!! LOL