Wednesday, December 31, 2008

And the gloves clothes come off!

Ava got a couple new pairs of pajamas in December that don't have the snap across the top to cover up the zipper. And she discovered that she can move the zipper up and down. She gets really excited about doing it while saying "up! doown! up! doown!" I try to distract her from doing it because I'm afraid with all that excitement we might see some skin end up in that zipper. Ouch! Each day I'm amazed at how much she' s learning even from the day before. And that goes for the zipper too because at first it was just little zip ups and downs and this morning it was this:
See the blue pile in the corner covered in yellow and white ducks? Those would be the jammies (without a snap to cover the zipper) that she was wearing when I put her in the bed. When I walked in to get her this morning she stood up and says "duckies. uh-oh." Uh-oh indeed. Good thing the winters aren't too harsh in Texas. LOL.

3 comments:

cate said...

The diaper will come off next and you'll find her asleep stark naked.

SweetAbbs said...

Can't wait!

Sierra said...

So funny! I love how they try to communicate with limited vocabulary, so "I'm so proud, Mom, I took off my clothes.. but then I couldn't put them back on and I hope you don't yell at me" comes out, "Duckies...Uh-oh"