Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Smarty pants and playdoh birthday

Today Ava was playing with play-doh at the table while I was folding laundry. She told me she wanted to show me something so I told her to bring it to me. It was a cupcake she had made out of playdoh. There was even a toothpick on top acting as the candle and she had put a small piece of orange playdoh on the top of the toothpick to act as the flame. I oohed and ahhhed over the beautiful cupcake and then she said (in her pretending voice) Happy Birthday Mom and proceeded to sing me Happy Birthday. Here is my birthday cupcake.
After she sang she told me to blow out the candles.  Wanting to play along in the best way possible I did a large, dramatic breath followed by closing my eyes and blowing with all my might.  When I opened my eyes, this is the birthday playdoh cupcake I saw. 

Do you see the difference? While my eyes were closed blowing, Ava replaced the small piece of orange playdoh with black.  So now instead of a flame, she had a blackened wick at the top of the candle.  Such a smarty pants!!!  Totally (no pun intended) blew me away and I had to do a double take to make sure I was seeing a different color.  Pretty clever that sweet 4 year old of mine.  I sure love her and all her silliness and creativity.  Happy pretend birthday to me!

No comments: