Friday, August 19, 2011

Getting Married

Just heard Ava say to her 3 year old cousin: "Lucy, do you like weddings?" (Lucy says yes) "You do? Because I'm getting married soon.  Do you want to come to my wedding?" (Lucy nods) "Well I'm going to send out invitations soon aren't we mommy? Mommy? Mommy aren't we going to send out invitations soon to my wedding?" (Looks at me) So I say "okay, who are you going to marry?" To which Ava says "I don't know mom but it will have to be somebody I"m in love with."

So apparently she is operating on the "if you build it, they will come" principle. Plan the wedding and the groom shows up.  

2 comments:

Mellonee said...

Love this! It ought to be some wedding with all those years to plan, he doesn't know what he is in for!

Jedda said...

Darling! So cute that she's thinking about being "in love!"