Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A phone call to Heaven

Today Ava walked past me with her little toy phone and we had the following conversation:

Ava: Mom I'm about to make an important phone call so you need to be quiet. (I wonder where she's heard that before.....lol)
Me: Okay I'll be quiet
Ava: You have to be quiet while I call Jesus.
Me: But Ava you know how we really talk to Jesus right? Do we call him on the phone?
Ava: Yep. Now mom, shhhhhhhh. Hello? Jesus? How are you? Are you doing great?! What?
(Ava now holds her hand over the phone and turns to me)
Ava: Mom! Jesus has an elephant, it's a baby one! He telled me that.
(Holds the phone up to her ear again)
Ava: Mom! He has a giraffe too!
Me: Yep Ava, Jesus has lots of animals.
Ava: (turning back to the phone) Jesus? Hello? Mom, Jesus hanged up on me. I'm gonna have to call him back.
(Ava pushes buttons on the phone (apparently she has His direct number)
Ava: Hello Jesus. What? What? Uh-huh. Oh. Okay I'll talk to you later.
(turns to me)
Ava: Mom, Jesus had to go. Cuz he has to take care of a baby.

3 comments:

the harrisons said...

this makes me laugh so hard. i love that little girl!

Joel and Dacia said...

You must be constantly entertained :)

Emili said...

that is hilarious! Oh that's such a fun age! So cute!