Friday, September 18, 2009

You can't see the girl parts but.............

But I promise they are there. And despite the fact that it looks like an alien, it's an actual human. And it's a girl. Ava has named her Polka Dot, which in my opinion is better than the previous two names which were Pink and Blue. Ava is convinced she has a baby in her belly too. Sometimes it gives her belly aches, and other times I walk by her patting her own belly and hear her say "You hear? Can you hear the heartbeat?"

A couple days ago Ava was riding her little bike around. Then she got up to check the little compartment in the back of it and I hear her say "nope, it's not done cookin yet." So I ask her what's in there. She pulled out her baby doll and said "It's dinner." Needless to say after #2 gets here we will be keeping a close eye on any baking #1 does.

7 comments:

Emili said...

um, this ultra sound is from August and you're just posting this NOW? WHen is your due date? Congratulations! I'm thrilled for you. I'm with Ava, I think Dot would be a fun nickname until she gets here. :)

SweetAbbs said...

Yeah that's my 15 week ultrasound. We just had one this week that told us she's a girl.

Joel and Dacia said...

Thanks for the post! Ava cracks me up. Sounds like she wants to be just like her mommy - except for the cooking the baby part of course ;)

Sierra said...

congratulations! I'm having a girl too. Ava is so fun. She looks a lot like your mom in the picture you posted last time. Always fun to see your family traits come out in your kids (unless it's my stubborness). By the way, cooking her baby in her backpack is alot less embarrassing than down her shirt in sacrament meeting...

Kaity said...

Wow, congrats! That's so exciting. So when are you due? Is your baby bump showing yet?

Mary Hoopes said...

Hey Abby- it has been forever and I just found the link to your blog!! Congrats on the new baby! I am excited to keep in touch better.

L.A. said...

Congrats on another girl!! How fun! Ava is so adorable and hilarious.