Saturday, August 30, 2008

World Traveler

Ava and I just returned from our month-long trip away from home. We spent some time in Bear Lake, UT w/ my family and a couple weeks in Palo Alto, CA with Rob who was there for work. We had a lovely time and even got to see my cousin Dacia in California. Her and I have been inseperable since childhood and now that we're "all grown up" (some people may dispute that) and have husbands and such, we don't get to see each other nearly as often as we'd like. We spent one day at the beach where Dacia took some pictures of Ava that she (Ava) will surely grow up to despise. You can see them here but please remember that she was in dire need of a nap and apparently starving!

Dacia and I also got to spend a day at a ginormous flea market which we enjoyed since we both like to scavenge for good finds. Ava was extremely pleased with the purse I bought here as well with the inflatable dolphin with the jingle bell inside (see how well I scavenged :) and I got myself a good bargain on a great purse.

All in all a good trip but we are happy to be home for a couple weeks until we head off to D.C. on September 11th for a few weeks to follow Rob for work.

1 comment:

Joel and Dacia said...

Ha ha I'm sure Ava won't despise those pictures. I think they're cute and hillarious. I had so much fun with you guys, I wish you lived closer!