Monday, July 09, 2012

The coolest 5 year old around!

On June 30th Ava J. turned 5.  I can hardly believe it was that long ago that she came into our family and I can also hardly believe this means I'll be sending her to Kindergarten this fall.  We celebrated the big day with a trip to Seaworld but made it home on her actual birthday so we could do cake and presents.  This year we started a tradition where I asked Ava some questions about herself and plan do ask the same ones every year on her birthday to see how her answers change.  Here goes:
1. Favorite color:  all the colors in the rainbow
2. Favorite toy: Woodley (stuffed panda we got in D.C.) and my tater tot (free stuffed toy from Sonic)
3. Favorite fruit:  watermelon
4. Favorite TV show: Doc McStuffins (a little girl who is a doctor for stuffed animals)
5. Favorite thing to eat for lunch: PB&J with grape jelly
6. Favorite outfit: my purple peasant skirt
7. Favorite game to play: Duck, duck, goose
8. Favorite snack: chips (because she never gets them)
9. Favorite animal: giraffe
10: Favorite song: Sweet Zoo (by Barbra Streisand)
11. Favorite book: my mermaid book and my big princess on that got ripped
12: Who is your best friend: Ande Yanelli & Sydnee Jones
13. Favorite thing for breakfast: Raisin Bran
14. What do you like to do outside: play in the sandbox
15. Favorite thing to drink: Strawberry soda (which she also never gets)
16. Favorite holiday: my birthday
17. What do you like to sleep with at night?: All my stuffed animals
18. What do you wanna be when you grow up?: A doctor for kids (pediatrician)
19. How old are you today? 5
20. How does it feel to be 5?: Good because I'm a little older and the same age as Ande
21. What is the weather today?: Really hot
22. Tell me about our family: There are 4 people, and we have an artist in our family (Ava), someone who is potty training in our family (Charlotte- who yelled me! me!), and someone who has a pet butterfly (Ava), we all live together in the same house.

The ballerina cake.  Ava was very impressed with her mother's sub-par work. 

Ava being super excited about her cake and gifts

partay partay

Blowing out the candles

opening presents

Oooh ooh ooh!
We had a great day on Ava's big day.  When we got home we had a ballerina cake (per her request) and opened presents. She was full of energy and thrilled with everything.  What a wonderful, sweet, creative girl she is growing up to be.  We sure love her!  Happy Birthday big girl!

No comments: