Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ava-isms:

I should be writing down everything Ava says because it's a laugh a minute at our house these days.  Some of the ones I remember from today:

(While driving in the car)
Ava: Mom who's the first that got married?
Me: What?
Ava: The first who got married?
Me: In our family? You mean who got married before daddy and I?
Ava: Yeah
Me: Well, Uncle Brad and Aunt Tara, Aunt Mellonee and Uncle Daren, Aunt Lauri and Uncle Will.....
Ava: No, the first that got married.
Me: You mean the first people ever?
Ava: (a little annoyed) Yes!
Me: Adam and Eve
Ava: Oh yeah, them. (smiles) They're coming to my birthday party.
Me: Um I don't think they'll be able to make it honey.
Ava: Yes mom, Adam and Eve are real.
Me: That's true.  They are real people that really lived but they aren't gonna be at your party.
Ava: (incredulously) Why?!
Me: Because they're dead.
Ava: Oh no! They are? How did they die?
Me: Well sweetie, they got old and died.  Remember, everybody dies eventually.
Ava: Oh yeah, they ate poison fruit and thats why they died.
Me: No they did eat some fruit they weren't supposed to but that got them kicked out of the garden but didn't kill them.  They died because they were old.
Ava: Oooooooh man. Why did they go and die? They knew they were invited?
Me: What?
Ava: They knew they were invited to my party, why did they have to die?
Me: Well sweetie, they died a very long time ago.  They probably didn't even know about your party.
Ava: (quietly to herself) Oh man, I really wanted them at my party.

Tonight after being put to bed, Ava came into my room (she's always trying to find reasons to stay up):
Ava: Mom, when I close my eyes my legs don't hurt but when I open my eyes and unrest (the opposite of sleep apparently) then they start to hurt.
Me: Good.  Just keep your eyes closed and go to sleep and your legs will be fine.
Ava: (dejectedly) Okay mom.

5 comments:

the harrisons said...

what a crack up! I am so glad you are writing these things down!

cate said...

Funny, funny girl. She's such a deep thinker.

Kendra said...

Super funny! I love the Adam and Eve one especially. How do you not die laughing?!

TL said...

see it's the exact opposite for me. When I have my eyes open my legs hurt but when I close them to take a nap everything is great! ha ha
Love that girl!

Mellonee said...

Thanks for sharing! Wish I'd had a blog when JAckson was little. I wrote some but not nearly enough.