Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day!!!

No we didn't move, we still live in Texas and this is the weather we woke up to this morning. Ava could hardly contain herself long enough to put on warm clothes to go out in it. Most of us that live in Texas don't own actual "snow clothes" so we do the best we can when we get blessed with this kind of weather. Thus, Ava's two pairs of pants, a jacket that's 2 sizes too small, rain boots and my hat and scarf. We also don't own sleds in this part of the country (well we don't anyway) but found (after experimentation) that the toys we use for the pool work pretty good in the snow as well. How appropriate!

Ava in her "snow gear"
Starting the snowman
The finished snowman

Ava posing like the snowman

Ava loved the snowman..........literally. See those smoochy lips!

Even baby Charlotte got in on the action

Heading to the park across the street to do some sledding

"Daddy pull me some more!"

Taking a break

Mommy and Ava heading down the hill

Rob body surfing down

Ava's favorite snow activity "but mommy we don't eat yellow snow...............or red or green, just white."

5 comments:

Mellonee said...

That looks so fun! I love the photo of her in her coat so excited to go out!
Miss you!!

TL said...

wow you have way more snow than we do! I love the photos!

Bek said...

this is rad. btw, i came across an old card you wrote me yesterday, and you're the sweetest. i hope life is good for you, mama.

Joel and Dacia said...

Hmmm...I wonder what it means if you see red or green snow?

Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks